Mission


We aim to bring you a wide variety of content to make your Android experience the best it can be. I will attempt to post all of the latest Android news, as well as app reviews, tips, and deals.

If you need to contact us, send us an email to simply.android.blog@gmail.com. Thanks for browsing this blog!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

REVIEW| Smart Task Launcher



App Name: Smart Task Launcher (Jskt) 

Price: FREE (In-app purchase)

Description: Smart Task Launcher(STL) is not your typical home-screen replacement app. STL is an "overlay" launcher that displays a selection of user-selected apps, allowing for a simpler multitasking experience. Activating the launcher is simple, select an activation "trigger" in the application's settings page. I, for example, have set the "trigger" to activate the application when I swipe in from the bottom left corner. 





Review:

Smart Task Launcher is an application that I use on the regular.Let me give you an example; I am browsing Instagram and I remember what I need to add to my shopping list. Rather than using the recents button to find the Google Keep application (and lets not forget that it might not be in the recents pane) or going home and searching through pages of apps why don't I use a quick shortcut and trigger Smart Task Launcher and slide to the Google Keep app. 

You see how much simpler it is. However, it is best to select frequently used applications as it reduces the clutter and save a couple of seconds. 


What's good: 

The ability to customized the layout of the launcher is key. I have used other applications that require you paying extra to unlock those features. You can use a 4x4 grid to keep it simple or a maximum 9x9 to go a little extreme. Customization is a big plus for this application as you can change the icon sizes, you can add widgets, edit/hide the icon labels, etc. The possibilities are not limited.

In my time using this application (about 3 months) I haven't noticed changes in regards to battery use which is a big plus for me. 

What's not so good:

Not being able to select multiple apps to add into the empty spaces is not a big deal but its an annoying restriction. Adding applications one by one is NOT ideal. Personally, I would love the ability to automatically arrange the apps by alphabetical order (I have gotten used to the android launcher).

Overall rating:

4.9 stars out of 5.0



*** All images courtesy of Google Play and the app developer. ***

--------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a developer and have an application you'd like us to review, leave a comment below or shoot us an email at simply.android.blog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment